Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month, at 7:15 for a 7.30 start, at St John’s Church Room, The Avenue, High Legh, WA16 6ND
A charge of £4 is made for the meeting – but that includes refreshments. There is no charge for students or juniors.
The Avenue is a one-way road. After entering The Avenue, turn left at the T-junction and immediately left again into the car park. The church and meeting room are opposite the car park entrance.
When you leave turn left out of the car park to continue in the one-way system.
- November 9th 2023Mark Holmes will present his talk entitled “Venus, from Antiquity, Myth to Hell”, which he recently delivered to COSMOS (Community Observatory St Martins on Scilly). Mark says “This will be a broad sweep of history and myth all the way through to modern probes and our understanding of our ‘Sister Planet’“.
- October 12th 2023Professor Ian Morison will be talking about ‘Electronically Assisted Imaging and describing some amazing new Astrophotography Software. As with all of Ian’s presentations, this will be one not to miss!
- September 14th 2023John Anderson will give a talk entitled “On Getting into Orbit”. Just what does it take to get a payload off the planet’s surface?
- August 10th 2023Our Chair Mark Holmes promises an intriguing talk with the title “Solar Maximum is coming – what are we doing at HLCO?” Over the past months there has been a remarkable increase in the number and size of sunspots. Here is one of Mark’s images, taken on 7th July.
- July 13th 2023Our talk will be given by Dr. Helen Jermak from the Astrophysics Research Institute at Liverpool John Moores University. Her topic is ‘Building the world’s largest ground-based robotic telescope’ and she has offered to bring some demonstration items with her! For those with long memories; Helen was the first guest speaker we had at HLCO … Continue reading