Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month, at 7:15 for a 7.30 start, at St John’s Church Room, The Avenue, High Legh, WA16 6ND
A charge of £4 is made for the meeting – but that includes refreshments. There is no charge for students or juniors.
The Avenue is a one-way road. After entering The Avenue, turn left at the T-junction and immediately left again into the car park. The church and meeting room are opposite the car park entrance.
When you leave turn left out of the car park to continue in the one-way system.
- February 8th 2024Dr. Steve Barrett of the Department of Physics at the University of Liverpool will be making a welcome return to give us an update on the James Webb Space Telescope after its second year of operation. His talk is simply entitled “JWST+2”. If you’ve seen some of the images coming back from the JWST you’ll know this should be a … Continue reading
- December 14th 2023There will be two parts to our festive meeting. First up will be Mark Holmes to present the second part of his talk entitled “Venus, from Antiquity, Myth to Hell”, which he started in our November session. Having preciously introduced us to Venus; running from antiquity to modern space probes and even the possibility of … Continue reading
- November 9th 2023Mark Holmes will present his talk entitled “Venus, from Antiquity, Myth to Hell”, which he recently delivered to COSMOS (Community Observatory St Martins on Scilly). Mark says “This will be a broad sweep of history and myth all the way through to modern probes and our understanding of our ‘Sister Planet’“.
- October 12th 2023Professor Ian Morison will be talking about ‘Electronically Assisted Imaging and describing some amazing new Astrophotography Software. As with all of Ian’s presentations, this will be one not to miss!
- September 14th 2023John Anderson will give a talk entitled “On Getting into Orbit”. Just what does it take to get a payload off the planet’s surface?